Goal: When you have finished this laboratory exercise you will understand
- steam properties used in the design of food processing and storage systems.
and you will learn
- how to use the steam table find and calculate the quality of steam.
|Specific Volume ν||m3/kg|
|Specific Isobaric Heat Capacity Cp||kJ/kg-K|
|Specific Isochoric Heat Capacity Cv||kJ/kg-K|
|Speed of Sound||m/s|
Units of the parameters used in the Psychrometric Chart are metric (SI).
Range of Validity
- Temperature: -10°C ~ 50°C.
- Total Pressure: 0.6 bar ~ 1.01325 bar.
- Capra, S.C. and Canale, R.P. (1990). "Numerical Methods for Engineers," McGraw-Hill, New York, N.Y.
- De La Garz, F. and Boulton, R. (1984). "The modeling of wine filtrations," American J. Enology and Viticulture 35:189-195.